Welcome to Sunday Sketches by Stamps to Die For.
Each Sunday I post a card sketch I have created along with a card I stamped using the sketch. Sketches often help get my creativity fired up and I hope this sketch might inspire you.
- Card Base: 5 1/2" x 7 7/8""
- Square: 2 3/4" x 2 3/4"
- Right Strip: 5/8" x 5 1/2"
Let your imagination run wild!
Sketches are open to interpretation. You can create a card exactly using the sketch layout, using a square where there is a square, or you can change it to a be a circle, or oval or flower etc. You can also turn the sketch so if it is a vertical sketch you might want to turn it to be horizontal.
- The card base is Blushing Bride Cardstock.
- The strip of Whisper White hearts is made using the Love Notes Framelits Dies & Big Shot.
- The glimmer paper behind the hearts is Blushing Bride Glimmer paper.
- I cut out the 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" scallop square in Basic Black Cardstock using the Layering Square Framelits Dies.
- I used the square from the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies to cut out a 2 5/8" x 2 5/8" square in Whisper White Cardstock.
- I stamped "LOVE NOTE" in Basic Black Archival Ink on the Whisper White square and glued it to the black scalloped square.
- I then cut out the tiny envelope from the Sending Love Glassine Sheets using the tiny envelope from the Love Notes Framelits and folded up the sides and bottom.
- Then I cut out the square with the hearts top with the framelits and stamped the hearts in Blushing Bride Classic Ink and tucked it in the envelope.
- I cut out a couple hearts in Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper using the same framelit and then cut out just one heart from it and placed it on the right hand heart with a dimensional.
- Tied the Whisper White 1/8" grosgrain ribbon around the bottom of the square, while tying it I placed a piece of Blushing Bride Sequin in the knot with tails hanging.
- Placed the square on the card from about 1/2" from the top and left side with dimensionals.
All products used to stamp my card are Stampin' Up!
I have some fun Valentine cards to mail out in a few weeks. Will you be mailing out any?